charlottecronquist

I've must have been little when I started to listen to protest singers

 

I was  a child in the 1960s. My parents were playing music, with texts that made me startle, that made me want to change the world, to take some kind of action,  I felt responsible, a bit unclear about what. 

Maybe the love warrior in me, actually was born, already then? I wanted a fair world, a world were color didn’t matter, a world of equality, a world of love, a world were neither greed, not war would happen. I became a child pacifist. I wanted peace. I wanted wars to stop. I felt sick watching the pictures from the Vietnam war. 

One of the songs I loved, and I still know the lyrics by heart, is Peter Seegers ”Little boxes”. To me this song was a song about HELL. Are you surprised? In the song he talks about a world where everybody needs to be like one another, where there is one way to happiness, where you are learned to be a consumer, where you need to have the same life and dreams as others. And, already as a child, that thought suffocated me. Listening to Pete Seegers happy voice, made me want to puke. I knew I didn’t want to live in a box, or be put into a box. I wanted to make my own choices, longed for a fellow human beings who also did. A freedom that doesn’t necessarily have to include rebellion, just to have the opportunity to think freely, choose more freely. I wonder how much songs like that, in my early childhood, affected me and my values.

What experiences formed you and your values?


Charlotte Cronquist är kärlekskrigare
Love is the answer

Related

life 6528716114488214971

Skicka en kommentar Default Comments

emo-but-icon

Följ 100% Charlotte

Charlotte Cronquist

Charlotte Cronquist
Bloggen för dig som vill få ut det mesta av livet. Författaren och coachen Charlotte Cronquist lär dig hur du får bättre relationer och hur du kan älska livet mer. Blogposts in English available.

onlinekurser

coaching

prenumerera

100%-podden

Leta i den här bloggen

Få nya inlägg

Prenumerera på 100% Charlotte

Besökare (sidantal)

item